Delivering Measurable Results

CanadAmerican Tax Services Tax Services Firm, Surrey, BC.

IRS ITIN Certification Services


We assist qualified individuals not otherwise eligible for U.S. Social Security numbers to obtain a U.S. Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN).

The ITIN is issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and is required for the purposes of filing individual U.S. tax returns, withholding taxes, claiming exemptions for spouses and dependents among others. 

Who needs an ITIN?  The IRS issues ITINs to foreign nationals and others who have federal tax reporting or filing requirements.  Examples include:

  • Non-resident aliens filing a U.S. tax return - Form 1040NR
  • Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien
  • Dependent or spouse of a non-resident alien visa holder

We are "Certified Acceptance Agents" authorized by the IRS to assist individuals in obtaining ITIN's. Our services include assisting with the completion of Form W-7; conducting a personal interview; reviewing documents substantiating non-U.S. status and identity of an application; issuing a "Letter of Certification" and submitting the completed Form W-7 to the IRS.

By using our services as the Certified Acceptant Agent, a qualified individual applying for an ITIN does not have to submit to the IRS documents proving their non-U.S. status and identity.  Our Firm will be able to avoid challenges with certification of documentation and common mistakes that lead to an ability of the IRS to assign the ITIN.  We remain committed to our clients throughout the process from the very beginning till the ITIN is successfully assigned. 

Tax Due Dates